We made it! I can’t believe we are almost done with Course 2! I don’t know about you but time has been flying and I am looking forward to summer vacation around the corner.
I have absolutely loved this course and the opportunities that you have all shared about what you are doing in the classroom, or in some cases, what you hope to do next time in the classroom. The readings and resources sparked some really interesting discussions and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing how your thinking has evolved.
Our efforts to lead by example with respect to our digital lives is so important and your students and colleagues are so lucky to have you guiding them through this ever-changing landscape.
My highlights over this last month and a bit have included:
- Boramy discussing her bullet journal work and the connection to being an “active re-mixer”
- Liliana’s reflection on best practices for librarians trying to educate others about attribution
- Flynn’s exploration of remixing and how Hip Hop connects to the core of digital citizenship and intellectual property in the classroom
As always, week 6 is for catching up on posts and comments and getting your final project posted. Finding a way to embed the project in a blog post is ideal, but if your project doesn’t lend itself to being embedded then you can get creative.
Ensure that your blog post introduces and explains your project to your reader and features your reflection on the process of collaboration.
Your checklist reminder for this week:
- One blog post for each week of the course
- One additional blog post reflecting on your final project (for a total of 6 posts)
- A final project embedded into your last blog post for Course 2
- One comment for each week of the course (for a total of 5 comments)
- Course work is due May 12th
Please keep in mind the late work policy that COETAIL has on the main site. I am able to be somewhat flexible if circumstances outside of your control are causing you to turn in late work, however, this means feedback will be limited.
Have a great week!!